- product information
• Produces a rich, amber wood colouration similar to that of a solventbased lacquers but without the hazards
• Highly suitable for floors with underfloor heating and/or moving floors such as end grain or plank floors.
• Suitable for oak and darker types of wood including tropical species.
• Compatible with all Bona’s waterborne topcoats
• Excellent abrasion properties.
- technical specifications
Brand Bona No of coats 1 Coverage 8 -10m² per litre Drying Time 1 - 2 Hours Size 5lt MPN WB200020012 GTIN 7312791523426
• Rich, amber wood colouration
• Highly suitable for underfloor heating
• Excellent abrasion performance
• Reduces potential for sidebonding
• GreenGuard approved for low indoor emissions
Before Using Bona Amber Primer
Ensure floor is acclimatized to its end-use environment.
The surface which is to be coated must be sanded back to bare wood, dry and free from sanding dust, oil, wax and other contamination.
A sanding disc or screen grit 120 should be used for the final sanding of the wood.
Allow primer to reach room temperature, insert filter and shake the container thoroughly before use.
Optimal application conditions are between 18-25°C and 40-60% relative air humidity.
High temperatures and low humidity shorten, low temperatures and high humidity lengthen drying time. Minimum temperature for use is 13°C.
How To Apply Bona Amber Primer
Using a Bona Roller, apply the primer evenly avoiding accumulation of product. Care should be taken to achieve a uniform level of timber saturation to avoid colour variation. Always maintain a ‘wet edge’ to avoid overlaps.
When dry, abrade to reduce grain raise using the Bona Scrad system or a sanding screen grit 150 or finer.
Remove all dust and apply an additional layer of Bona Amberseal and let dry.
Apply 1-2 layers of a waterborne topcoat from Bona depending on wear resistance requirements.
- Additional Information