- product information
Textrol is a penetrating wood oil finish for exterior softwood and hardwood on both horizontal and vertical surfaces. It is a penetrative product which saturates the wood to protect it from within – as there’s no film on the surface it will not peel or flake.
Textrol enhances the natural beauty of the wood whilst providing a mildew-resistant finish with exceptional and long-lasting protection from the effects of moisture, weathering and UV rays. It can be applied wet-on-wet which saves time as you don’t need to wait for coats to dry during application and the maintenance is easy with local touch-ups and no laborious sanding required!
When first applied, Textrol will give the wood a rich, matt colour which will gradually lighten over time to the finished look. It is now available in 7 different colours for a range of looks all with premium protection.
Ideal Uses for Textrol Penetrating Wood Oil
- Reviving dried-out and weather-beaten decks
- Protecting garden fencing and gates from splitting and cracking
- Maintaining decking with no laborious sanding
- Enhancing the natural wood look of garden furniture
- Showcasing beautiful sidings and cladding
- Protecting decks for the future
- technical specifications
Brand Owatrol Can sizes 1lt, 2.5lt, 5ltr, 20ltr Colours Clear + 6x colours Coverage Initial application: 5m2 per litre
Maintenance: 10-12m² per litre
Tools Brush, Roller, Airless Sprayer or garden sprayer Suitable for Exterior use Clean up White Spirit Drying time 24 - 48 hours Recoating time Apply ‘wet-on-wet’ Suitable surfaces Weathered softwood & hardwood
- • Developed for weathered wood and available in 7 colours
- • Penetrates and protects from within the wood
- • Non film forming – will not crack, peel or flake
- • Protects against moisture and UV damage
- • Easy one coat maintenance – no stripping or sanding
Please refer to the attached data sheet for full preparation information
Apply the first coat of Textrol and allow it to penetrate into the wood (15-30 minutes).
Apply a second application and allow it to penetrate for 15-30 minutes.
If required repeat this procedure until the wood is saturated i.e. will accept no more oil.
Do not allow Textrol to become touch dry or dry between coats.
Once the timber is saturated, brush out or wipe up any excess product that has not penetrated to avoid shiny spots.
NOTE: Textrol is not a surface coating, its place is in the wood not on the surface.
- Additional Information